So, on Wednesday 3 October NIPO staff was up for this battle. Manas Bhardwaj and Rob van Abeelen from Microsoft came over to lead the game. NIPO staff was divided in a red and blue team. One team was attacking, the other defending an application.
The aim of the cyber war game was to:
- Understand some of the techniques used by attackers to steal data.
- Understand the range of cyber security theft risks for custom developed software.
- Understand the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) 10 most critical web application security risks) and available mitigations.
- Understand the importance of a robust cyber security incident response plan.
- Work more cohesively as a team in the event of a cyber security incident.
- Gain insights into the power of cloud platforms in helping you defend against both internal and external threat actors.